Washing the dishes can be a time-consuming chore, messy and tedious. That’s why we tend to appreciate having a dishwasher at home. This appliance is a time-saving, eco-friendly way to handle the consequences of cooking and enjoying a good meal. It’s also why when the dishwasher is not working correctly you notice right away, after all, we use it so often and rely on it to meet our needs. What to do when your dishwasher breaks and won’t dry your dishes?
How to prepare to fix a dishwasher?
The thing about the dishwasher is that there’s going to be a mess. It’s why people tend to call experts to install dishwashers and washing machines. These appliances are connected to water and not knowing what you are getting into can be a disaster. So, let’s get ready to fix a dishwasher together.
- Get a mop ready
- Have rags and cleaning spray
- Take out your tools, keep them close
- A small flashlight for hard to see places
- Clear out your kitchen counters and floor
Following these tips will help minimize the mess that could happen has you fix your dishwashers drying problem.
Now let’s take a look at the possible causes for your dishwasher problem.
Defective healing element
The heating element is what turns up the temperature in your dishwasher and mainly aids in drying what is in there. When it breaks your dishes come out still wet.
You will need to test to see if it’s working.
- Unplug the appliance for safety
- Find the heating element location, it’s usually at the bottom of the dishwasher.
- Remove cover and disconnect the wires connecting the heating element to the appliances.
- Test the heating element with a multimeter in RX1 mode.
- You’ll need to check the model to see the perfect reading to get. For reference is you get infinity or zero, it’s broken.
If it’s the heating element that’s not working, you can easily order and replace it yourself or get a repair technician to do it for you.
Your air dispenser is damaged
Same as the issue before with the heating element you will need to find, inspect and replace if broken, but way simpler. Here’s how:
- Your air dispenser is placed inside the door, remove the cover or cap.
- Make sure there is an air dispenser in the, check for damage.
- If you find it broken, discolored, or damaged, replace it.
The thermostat high limit
The thermostat controls the temperature inside the dishwasher and it could be the reason your dishwasher is not drying.
How do you check your thermostat?
- You can usually find it at the bottom of the dishwasher but check your manual to make sure.
- Once you find it, you’ll need to test it with the multimeter on Rx1 mode. You should get readings of infinity at room temperature, next to a warm light you should get a zero.
- If you get different readings look for a replacement part.
If after all of these tips you find yourself looking for a new dishwasher here is a list to help you choose and call Maydone for installations.