Dishwashers are one of the most used and timed saving appliances in any home, they take what could be a long chore and reduce it to just pressing a few buttons. This is why fixing a dishwasher issue is one of the most sensitive appliance repair services.
Another big thing is that dishwashers can be expensive, they don’t have the highest price tag of kitchen appliances but you do want to take care of your investment. That’s why it’s recommended you use professionals to install dishwashers and prevent problems in the future with faulty water and electric installations.
On this list, we’ll take a closer look at 3 major dishwasher problems and how you can easily fix them yourself. However you can always call Maydone for appliance repairs in the Greater Toronto Area, we are one of the best!
Problem 1: Dishes are still dirty after running through the dishwasher
For this type of appliance problem, there are a few solutions you can try
- Clean your dishwasher with vinegar and hot water cycle
- Properly load dishes to maximize the dishwasher capabilities
- Use the right type of soap
- Leave some residue on the dishes to help clean the dishwasher
- Check for debris on the filter and water tube screen
Problem 3: My dishwasher is leaking
What to do when your dishwasher is leaking water? There are a few options to tackle this messy dishwasher problem. Let’s take a look at them
- Look closely at the door for problems in the closing mechanisms and the seals that prevent water from coming out, if they are worn and weak replace them.
- Make sure the door gasket is functioning correctly
- Make sure nothing is blocking the door from fully closing
- Check your float switch, that’s the one that tells you the dishwasher water level since it could be stuck in a down position, causing water overfills and leaks. Replace or reset to normal if it is.
Problem 2: My dishwasher isn’t drying the dishes
Un-dried dishes are usually caused by problems in the heating element of your dishwasher so that’s where you should start if you want to fix this problem. Look at your manual to find and check the high-limit thermostat. That’s what prevents your appliance from getting too hot, and if it isn’t working right it can make the heat turn off before drying is complete.
Extra tip: The high-limit thermostat is at the bottom of the dishwasher in most models and you can use a multimeter to check if it’s working.
If none of these tips work.
Call Maydone for emergency appliance repairs and installations in Toronto, 24/7, we work with all kinds of brands and give you $30 off your first call!